If you are a video maker, we are sure that you always look for the best free MP4 editor that can crop, trim, cut, split, extract, combine and merge videos, and add text/music to MP4 videos with ease. But if you've already done that search, you'll find that much of the best video software is expensive. Some even cost hundreds of dollars. So if you need to use an MP4 video editing software, but you don't have the budget to buy it, you've come to the right place.
Read this article and check out the top 5 best free MP4 video editors on Windows and Mac for beginners and professionals.
1. Filmage Screen (Recommended)
Filmage Screen is an all-in-one and powerful video software on Mac for screen & audio recording, editing, converting videos, creating GIFs, quicktime playing and sharing video files. Its free version has unlimited recording time and no watermark attached while exporting! This has already beaten 90% of the screen recording apps in the market!
Filmage Screen is best for beginners who need to record your mac screen and both trim its video, add text on your video and dub your video.
- Video Editing
1. You can edit the video directly after the recording is finished.
2. Edit recorded files or local files.
3. Add text box, shapes such as arrows, hand-drawing, background music and voice-over to make a clear video tutorial.
4. Trim unwanted clips and merge the rest parts into one video.
5. Import photos, videos and audios on your video as external sources.
- Screen Recording
1. It supports screen recording, audio recording, camera recording and iOS mirroring recording.
2. Support record HD1080P / 4K videos to get a professional clear video.
3. Record system sound or both system sound and microphone.
4. It allows scheduled recording. You can customize the recording start time and recording duration. Just do other things during the recording with ease.
5. Record in picture-in-picture mode. Record camera and screen at the same time to enable you to make a fantastic video tutorial.
6. Record without time limitation and export videos without watermarks even though using the free version.
7. Support record zoom meeting.
- Video Converting
1. You can convert videos to any popular formats, such as MOV, MKV, M4V, AVI, WMV, MGP, 3GP, FLV and more.
2. Convert videos compatible with different devices.
3. Make GIFs.
1. Even though you can record camera and screen at the same time, you can’t open the camera at any time during the screen recording process.
2. Its preferences are not very rich, only shortcuts, cursor effects, countdown and default storage location can be set.
Filmage Screen offers a 7-day free trial. Try Filmage Screen now!
2. Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the famous MP4 video editing software for Windows 11/10/8/7, enabling you to apply special effects, add content, or do other editing works to your MP4 video with simple clicks.
Besides, after editing with this software, the file can be saved in many popular formats. You can even burn the video to DVD and post it to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
Pros: Provide almost all the basic and advanced video editing, color grading, and audio editing features
3. Movavi Video Editor
Movavi is a video editor application for the Mac that has a free version as well as a more full-featured Pro alternative. It runs on the Mac OS X 10.7 or later and is an easy-to-learn editing tool that can be mastered in well under an hour. Let’s take a look at the features included in this powerful editing software.
- Export your finished video to any of the popular video formats as well as uploading directly online.
- Filters such as Pop-art and Old Movie let you easily add character to your home videos for a distinctive finished product.
- There is a Movavi Effects Store which contains plenty of stickers, filters and openers.
- Low system requirements enable most users to download and use this software.
- Turns on the microphone
4. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a discontinued MP4 video editor without watermark on Windows 10. You can use it to create and edit MP4 videos and upload them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube. Now, Windows Movie Maker is no longer available for download. In Windows 10, Movie Maker is built-in with Microsoft Photos. You can use the video editing features in Photos to create and edit videos with music, text, motion, filters, and 3D effects.
If you are using Vista, Windows XP, 7, or 8, you may still use Windows Movie Maker, a user-friendly interface for easy and basic video editing.
Pros: Windows Movie Maker is easy to use with all the basic MP4 video editing functions
This app is a simple video editor for Mac that can be used to import videos using FireWire, from a USB drive or a hard drive. It has basic editing capabilities that can be used in video clips, to add effects and music. It also has video enhancing and color correction tools.
Overall, iMovie is ideal for the person looking for an easy-to-use tool, who is mainly interested in doing some basic editing to movie clips.
- Library of pre-made transitions
- Video trimming
- Audio Editing
- Split screen
- 4K resolution support
Advanced users may find features a little limited; import and render times can be a little slow.
Video is changing our way of communication and expression. More and more people are tending to record vlogs, share it with friends and family members, share their knowledge and experience on YouTube, or use the video to boost business online. We have introduced you to the top 5 mp4 video editors. Within these video editing softwares, Filmage Screen is the most easy-to-use video editor which enables you to record screen and edit video. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].