In many cases, one video works better than thousands of words. That’s why so many marketers, HR professionals, and managers use screen capture videos to explain how their software works. Well, if you want to record whatever is happening on your Mac screen, you will need a screen recorder. If you are wondering which screen recorder you should use on your Mac, you are in the right place. This article will show you the 5 best screen recorders for Mac from the pros and cons. We will follow this order to introduce:
2. Filmage Screen Recorder
3. Movavi Screen Recorder
4. QuickTime Player
5 Best Screen Recorders for Mac:
With powerful features and an intuitive interface, Camtasia allows you to create and share remarkable videos with minimal effort.
1. It allows you to record anything—your whole screen, a window, added video, images, audio, PowerPoint presentations, etc. on iMac and MacBook.
2. A simple timeline makes editing video easy. Users can combine or split clips, trim, speed up or slow down videos.
3. It has a rich video editing suite. Users can polish their recorded video by adding highlights, animation, titles, transitions, etc.
1. Users have to sign in before using the product.
2. It is really expensive. It is offered for a price of $249.
Filmage Screen is an all-in-one and powerful video software on Mac for screen & audio recording, editing, converting videos, creating GIFs, quicktime playing and sharing video files. Its free version has unlimited recording time and no watermark attached while exporting! This has already beaten 90% of the screen recording apps in the market!
- Screen Recording
1. It supports screen recording, audio recording, camera recording and iOS mirroring recording.
2. Support record HD1080P / 4K videos to get a professional clear video.
3. Record system sound or both system sound and microphone.
4. It allows schedule recording. You can customize the recording start time and recording duration. Just do other things during the recording with ease.
5. Record in picture-in-picture mode. Record camera and screen at the same time to enable you to make a fantastic video tutorial.
6. Record without time limitation and export videos without watermarks even though using the free version.
7. Support record zoom meeting.
- Video Editing
1. You can edit the video directly after the recording is finished.
2. Edit recorded files or local files.
3. Add text box, shapes such as arrows, hand-drawing, background music and voice-over to make a clear video tutorial.
4. Trim unwanted clips and merge the rest parts into one video.
5. Import photos, videos and audios on your video as external sources.
- Video Converting
1. You can convert videos to any popular formats, such as MOV, MKV, M4V, AVI, WMV, MGP, 3GP, FLV and more.
2. Convert videos compatible with different devices.
3. Make GIFs.
1. Even though you can record camera and screen at the same time, you can’t open the camera at any time during the screen recording process.
2. Its preferences are not very rich, only shortcuts, cursor effects, countdown and default storage location can be set.
Note: Filmage Screen offers a 7-day free trial and a 50% OFF discount for students or teachers.
No.3 Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is the last screen capturer we will recommend. It’s a screenshot capturer and computer screen recorder.
1. It allows you to capture screenshots.
2. Support record screen and camera at the same time.
3. Allows you to choose a specific window to record.
4. After recording, you can share your video to YouTube and more platforms
5. 14 languages supported.
1. Export video with a huge watermark in the free version.
2. Free users can only simply cut the unwanted clips after recording.
No.4 QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is the default video player on Mac. Although you'd think it can only play videos from its name, it does have some basic recording abilities and can be a good tool for that purpose. It even has some limited editing capabilities.
1. It comes installed on your Mac—so you don’t have to download it.
2. You can record the entire screen or select a specific area.
3. After recording, you can share your videos to others by Airdrop, Mail or other ways.
1. Its editing features are weak. You can just simply remove the unwanted parts.
2. The recorded video only can be saved as in limited formats that Apple supports, like MOV.
3. You cannot record system sound.
4. You cannot choose the video recording quality.
Screencast-O-Matic is a screencasting and video editing software tool that can be opened directly from a browser.
1. Don’t need to install an app, you can launch it from a browser.
2. Support Windows/Mac/iOS platforms.
3. Record screen, record camera and take screenshots.
1. The free version has a watermark.
2. You're limited to a 15-minute recording with the free version.
4. Free users cannot record system sound.
5. It can only record 720P video. The recorded videos are really blurry.
6. You cannot choose the entire screen to record.