Do you want to record YouTube videos with a few clicks? It's exciting to record favored YouTube videos like game videos, tutorial videos, movies, music videos, etc., and save them as your collection. Unlike YouTube downloaders, using a YouTube recorder can be more flexible in that users can record a whole video or only a part of the target video.
So what is the best YouTube recording software? Here we collected the top 5 best free screen recorder software for Mac users. The provided YouTube recorder tools on this page support to record all types of YouTube video and audio. Pick up any YouTube recorder to start recording with ease now.
Top 1: Filmage Screen Recorder
Filmage Screen Recorder is one of the most popular video recorder tools on the market. This streaming video recorder can help you capture your favorite YouTube videos without effort and save the recordings as high-quality videos. You can record video’s sound with ease. Besides, with this Mac screen recorder, you can record streaming audio, or record webcam at a specific time automatically.
It allows you to capture any video or any part of your screen without a watermark. If you are searching for a screen recorder without watermark and without time limitation, you must try Filmage Screen Recorder.
- Screen Recording
1. Record screen, audio, webcam and iOS.
2. Record HD1080P / 4K videos.
3. Record internal audio and microphone.
4. Allow Schedule recording.
5. Record screen and webcam at the same time.
6. Record without time limitation and export videos without watermarks even though using the free version.
7. Support record zoom meeting.
- Video Editing
1. Edit recorded files or local files.
2. Add text box, shapes such as arrows, hand-drawing, background music and voice-over to make a clear video tutorial.
3. Trim unwanted clips and merge the rest parts into one video.
4. Import photos, videos and audios on your video as external sources.
- Video Converting
1. Convert videos to any popular formats, such as MOV, MKV, M4V, AVI, WMV, MGP, 3GP, FLV and more.
2. Convert videos compatible with different devices.
3. Make GIFs.
1. Even though you can record camera and screen at the same time, you can’t open the camera at any time during the screen recording process.
2. Its preferences are not very rich, only shortcuts, cursor effects, countdown and default storage location can be set.
Top 2: QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a macOS built-in media player that supports playing videos on Mac computers. Mac users also use it as a YouTube video recorder with its screen recording feature. Besides video recording, it also enables Mac users to record voice or audio with the microphone.
1. It comes installed with Mac so you don’t have to download it.
2. Support screen recording and audio recording.
1. Lack of video editing features.
2. The recorded video only can be saved as in limited formats that Apple supports, like MOV.
Top 3: Camtasia
Camtasia is a powerful screen recorder and video editor. Compared to QuickTime Player and Filmage Screen, Camtasia is more advanced in video recording. It's more than a YouTube recorder. It's flexible to change the recording settings, adjust the recording window size. It also supports you to record with a camera and microphone.
1. Support rich video editing features, like highlights, animation, titles, transitions.
2. A 30-day free trial enables you to record and edit for free within 30 days.
1. Recorded and Exported video will attach with watermark if you are on trail.
2. The price is very expensive for ordinary users.
Top 4: Screencast-O-Matic
Screencast-O-Matic is more than a YouTube video recording software that lets you capture any area of your screen. With it, you can even add narration from your microphone and video from a webcam. All you need is to download a launcher and then double-click the weblaunchrecorder.exe file to start recording your favorite YouTube videos.
1. Don’t need to install an app, you can launch it from a browser.
2. Support Windows/Mac/iOS platforms.
3. Support share videos to YouTube.
1. Only support 15 minutes of recording.
2. Free users cannot record system sound.
3. It can only record 720P video.
Top 5: Snagit
Like Camtasia, Snagit is produced by the same company - TechSmith, enabling users to capture a process, recording screen, or how-to guide tutorial videos on YouTube with ease. Apart from a YouTube video recorder, it also enables users to create videos from templates with premade layouts.
1. Support recording screen, webcam, audio
2. Record the iOS screen
1. Support only one format to export videos
2. There is a watermark
Filmage Screen Recorder offers a 7-day free trial and a 50% OFF discount for students or teachers. Try Filmage Screen to record your screen right now!