In a world dominated by visual content, a captivating video can help drive your brand’s success. But creating stunning video content is only possible with the help of an editing software. Most renowned video editing tools carry a high price tag, but there are some equally good options that don’t cost a penny. That’s great news for the starry-eyed entrepreneur. Whether its Instagram stories, Facebook ads or YouTube product testimonials, using the best free video editing software will make your brand look slick and professional. You can also try out Upbeat Agency for more on Facebook ads.
For this article, we compiled the top 5 best free video editing softwares for 2021. Read this article to find out the best video editing software that fits you!
1. Movavi Video Edtior
Movavi is a video editor application for the Mac that has a free version as well as a more full-featured Pro alternative. It runs on the Mac OS X 10.7 or later and is an easy-to-learn editing tool that can be mastered in well under an hour. Let’s take a look at the features included in this powerful editing software.
- Export your finished video to any of the popular video formats as well as uploading directly online.
- Filters such as Pop-art and Old Movie let you easily add character to your home videos for a distinctive finished product.
- There is a Movavi Effects Store which contains plenty of stickers, filters and openers.
- Low system requirements enable most users to download and use this software.
- Turns on the microphone
2. Filmage Screen Recorder
Filmage Screen is an all-in-one and powerful video software on Mac for screen & audio recording, editing, converting videos, creating GIFs, quicktime playing and sharing video files. Its free version has unlimited recording time and no watermark attached while exporting! This has already beaten 90% of the screen recording apps in the market!
Filmage Screen is best for beginners who need to record your mac screen and both trim its video, add text on your video and dub your video.
- Video Editing
1. You can edit the video directly after the recording is finished.
2. Edit recorded files or local files.
3. Add text box, shapes such as arrows, hand-drawing, background music and voice-over to make a clear video tutorial.
4. Trim unwanted clips and merge the rest parts into one video.
5. Import photos, videos and audios on your video as external sources.
- Screen Recording
1. It supports screen recording, audio recording, camera recording and iOS mirroring recording.
2. Support record HD1080P / 4K videos to get a professional clear video.
3. Record system sound or both system sound and microphone.
4. It allows scheduled recording. You can customize the recording start time and recording duration. Just do other things during the recording with ease.
5. Record in picture-in-picture mode. Record camera and screen at the same time to enable you to make a fantastic video tutorial.
6. Record without time limitation and export videos without watermarks even though using the free version.
7. Support record zoom meeting.
- Video Converting
1. You can convert videos to any popular formats, such as MOV, MKV, M4V, AVI, WMV, MGP, 3GP, FLV and more.
2. Convert videos compatible with different devices.
3. Make GIFs.
1. Even though you can record camera and screen at the same time, you can’t open the camera at any time during the screen recording process.
2. Its preferences are not very rich, only shortcuts, cursor effects, countdown and default storage location can be set.
Filmage Screen offers a 7-day free trial. Try Filmage Screen from now!
This app is a simple video editor for Mac that can be used to import videos using FireWire, from a USB drive or a hard drive. It has basic editing capabilities that can be used in video clips, to add effects and music. It also has video enhancing and color correction tools.
Overall, iMovie is ideal for the person looking for an easy-to-use tool, who is mainly interested in doing some basic editing to movie clips.
- Library of pre-made transitions
- Video trimming
- Audio Editing
- Split screen
- 4K resolution support
Advanced users may find features a little limited; import and render times can be a little slow.
Blender is an open source program that is entirely free to use. The tool was actually designed as a 3D animation suite, but it does come with a very good video editor app. Blender’s video editor should be enough for most of your video needs.
The editor allows you to perform basic actions like video cuts and splicing. You can also use it to carry out more complex tasks like video masking. This makes it a very flexible video editor that caters to both beginner and advanced users.
- Live preview, luma waveform, chroma vectorscope, and histogram displays.
- Audio mixing, syncing, scrubbing, and waveform visualization.
- Up to 32 slots for adding video, images, audio, and effects.
- Speed control, adjustment layers, transitions, keyframes, filters, and more.
The sheer array of features make the learning curve a little steeper. Most of the tutorials are focused on the 3D animation/modeling side. The resources to help you with the video editor are very limited.
Shotcut is one of the best free video editing software for Windows, and it also works great on Mac and Linux PCs. Shotcut, like Blender, is a fully open source program, so you get access to all the features without the need for a paid upgrade.
While this video editing software has great features and tutorial videos, some users may find the interface a little quirky. That’s because Shotcut was originally designed for Linux and it definitely shows. But, under the hood, it’s still a quality video editor.
- Free open source software.
- 4K HD resolution support.
- timeline editing.
- Support 1080P videos at 60 FPS.
The quirky interface may be off-putting for some users.
Video is changing our way of communication and expression. More and more people are tending to record vlogs, share it with friends and family members, share their knowledge and experience on YouTube, or use the video to boost business online. We have introduced you to the top 5 video editors. Within these video editing softwares, Filmage Screen is the most easy-to-use video editor which enables you to record screen and edit video. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].