Webcam is an effective and powerful tool that not only can make video chat with your friends or families, it also can be used to record specific moments in life. For example, if you are a game YouTuber, you may want to record your webcam and screen simultaneously so that you could make a game commentary video and upload it to your YouTube channel. Also, you can use a webcam to record presentation videos, online courses and more.
Therefore, a comprehensive webcam recorder is exactly what you need. In this article, we have tested and picked 7 best recommended webcam recorders for you. Now let’s get started!
One of the best webcam recorders you can trust is Filmage Screen. It allows you to capture everything in front of your webcam with audio in a few simple clicks. Besides webcam recording, Filmage Screen also allows you to record your screen or record the webcam and screen simultaneously.
Moreover, Filmage Screen also has a powerful editing suite that allows you to cut the video footage, add annotations, voiceover and more.
- Intuitive interface and super easy to use
- Allows to record both the screen and the webcam at the same time
- Packed with powerful editing tools
- Supports converting 500+ video formats
- Recording video up to 4K resolution
- Do not support live streaming
- Only compatible on macOS
2. QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a built-in webcam recorder on Mac devices. One of its main benefits is that it is super easy to use with the simple user interface. Just a simple click on「File」and select「New Movie Recording」from the drop-down menu, you can start your recording! You can choose to record with the internal webcam and microphone or set up an external webcam. QuickTime Player is also a screen recorder, you can use it to record any activities from your Mac screen.
- Free to use
- Simple interface
- It is also a screen recorder
- The editing capabilities are very limited
- It can only save webcam videos in MOV format
3. Logitech Capture
Logitech Capture is a free webcam recording software that can easily record, edit, share or live stream your video on popular streaming platforms like YouTube, Facebook Live or Twitch and more. You can also add customizable text overlays, filters, transitions, etc to your video content. However, it can only be compatible with Logitech webcams.
- Supports recording multiple webcams simultaneously
- Supports live streaming video on popular platforms like YouTube, Facebook Live or Twitch and more
- Personalize your video content with live text overlays
- It can only be compatible with Logitech webcams
- Exports videos in MP4 format only
ManyCam is an easy-to-use virtual camera and live streaming software. It can be connected to Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, or any video calling app as a virtual camera and transform your conference calls, video chats. It also allows you to switch to virtual backgrounds during web conferences, video chats, and online lessons.
- Supports multiple picture-in-picture windows
- Supports 4K recording and live streaming
- Allows you to blur, replace, or change your background to images or videos
- Lack of advanced editing features
- A little expensive when compared to other webcam recording software
Camtasia is a powerful webcam recorder and screen recorder that works on Windows and macOS. It is designed for both beginners and professionals. Camtasia records exactly what you need - capture a crisp video and audio straight from your webcam. Moreover, Camtasia offers plenty of professional editing features, such as transitions, animations, greenscreen, etc.
- Powerful video editing features available
- Supports 4K recording
- Easy user interface
- The free version is limited to access advanced features
Clipchamp is a free online webcam recorder that allows you to record webcam videos straight from your browser. If you don’t want to download any software on your computer, you can consider using Clipchamp. It supports recording videos up to 1080p, and you can even adjust colors, contrast, and add filters to your video.
- Super easy to use
- Supports both webcam recording and screen recording
- No need to download extra software
- Need to create an account before use
- No option to livestream
- The free version only allows you to export your video in a 480p resolution
7. Wondershare DemoCreator
The last webcam recorder we’d like to recommend is Wondershare DemoCreator. It is easy to use and can be used to record both the screen and webcam at the same time. And it is also very easy for you to capture the system sound and microphone. DemoCreator also allows you to do some simple editing jobs, such as adding annotations, transitions and more.
- Simple user interface
- Allows you to record both the screen and the webcam at the same time
- Supports to connect with many live streaming platforms
- The free trial version is limited
- Free version only supports up to 3 video exports
We hope this article has inspired you to choose the best suitable webcam recorder for your needs. If you’re still confused on which one to choose, you can try out all those webcam recorders and find the best one. In my opinion, I would highly recommend you to try Filmage Screen. It is very suitable for you to create online courses, presentation videos, tutorials and more. Download it to have a free trial now!